As we all deal with the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to let you know the steps we are currently taking.
We serve many industries, one of which is the Defense sector. We have received notification from the Under Secretary of Defense that, as a member of the Defense Industrial Base (DIB), we are identified as a Critical Infrastructure Sector by the Department of Homeland Security. As such, we are required to maintain our normal work schedule.
But know that our first priority is the safety of our employees, their families, and our overall community. We will do nothing to compromise employee welfare during this difficult time and have taken aggressive measures to ensure that we are able to operate for as long as possible while protecting employee health.
We have convened our Safety Committee, headed by our Safety Officer. This cross-functional team is tasked with monitoring the situation as it develops and formulating an appropriate company response. In addition, the Safety Team is responsible for developing all internal and external communication regarding the pandemic.
To date, measures taken to ensure the safest possible environment include:
- Implementing work-at-home wherever possible.
- Posting policies and instructions regarding regular hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, routine and sanitizing of shared spaces.
- Closing the building to outside visitors.
- Communicating to employees the requirement to stay home if they feel unwell or if any of their families are ill.
- Instructed all employees on CDC guidelines for when it is appropriate to return to work.
We are working closely with our suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that our supply chain is moving as smoothly as possible. If material delays have an impact on the delivery of your projects, we will let you know.
I encourage you to be in touch with your account manager if you have any questions or concerns, or if your circumstances change.